About the Company
Bitso is the largest cryptocurrency exchange in Latin America, and our goal is to evolve how people think about and use money. To achieve this, we aim to provide hundreds of millions of users with simple and fun products. fast, cost-efficient, and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrency, or encrypted monetary resources, does not rely on an intermediary to give it legitimacy or value. Instead, it is valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that runs it. We think it's time for Latin Americans and the world to have alternative forms of currencies.
What we value
- Passion and personal accomplishments.
- Independent ownership of business problems and their solutions.
- Passion for aggressively automating everything we do.
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done.
- Development and maintenance of Android applications, ensuring simplicity of code and always scaling applications.
- Track and monitor projects to completion.
- Develop innovative testing environments.
- Develop mobile libraries.
- Code Review.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need
- At least 3 years of experience in Android.
- At least 5 years of experience in Java or similar language.
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Familiarity with RxJava, Retrofit, Room, Data binding and other common android libraries.
- Know at least MVC architecture, preferably MVP, MVVM.
- Self-motivated individual that actively improves the quality of our product and codebase.
- Passion for products, empathy for users, and aspiration to make a big impact.
- English language proficiency.
- Living in Mexico City or willing to relocate.
Additionally, it would be nice if you:
- You contribute to Android open source projects.
- Have experience working with Kotlin.
- Are passionate about Cryptocurrencies.
- You thrive on learning new technologies.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You'll work to create, iterate and scale crypto-powered financial services for users across Latin America.
- Culture: You'll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes debate, jokes, discussions, chess, video games and occasional Catan matches.
- People: You'll work with some of the most driven and smart people in the crypto space in Latin America.
- Venue: Forget room with a view, get an office with a view of Mexico City
- Salary: We pay at the top of the market.
- Work Status: Regardless of your citizenship, we will sponsor you to legally work in Mexico.
- Health Insurance: We offer one of the best medical plans.
- Performance Bonus: Your hard work will be rewarded with a juicy incentive based bonus.
- Unlimited Free Days: We want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office.
*As you move on to the final stage of our talent attraction journey, we will ask you to please complete our background check process.