About the Company
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how Latin Americans think about and use money. To achieve this, we’ll provide hundreds of millions of individuals across Latin America with fast, cheap, and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrency, or encrypted money, does not rely on an intermediary to give it legitimacy or value. Instead, it is valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that runs it. We think it’s time for Latin Americans to have an alternative form of currency.
Team & Role Description
The International team drives the growth of Bitso into new territories by building a sustainable and community driven business in each country. We interact with every team at Bitso to develop a competitive value proposition that focuses on bringing our edge product offering to millions of new customers. We are looking for a Country Manager who can lead and have a total impact on the way we can succeed in Brazil.
What we value
- Passion for Bitso’s mission.
- Independent ownership of business problems and their solutions.
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. No task is insignificant.
- Lead the country business and define a strategic roadmap to make Bitso a market leader in the industry, being responsible and accountable for the P&L.
- Understand and prioritize the needs of the local customers, working closely with Bitso product squads to help them materialize specific needs and capitalize on opportunities.
- Identify and establish strategic partnerships to grow the business.
- Monitor and improve local operations (including customer acquisition and Net Promotor Score, NPS)
- Actively keep up with local and global regulatory developments, take action to comply in a fast changing environment.
- Recruit, coach and help develop Bitso's team in Brazil.
- Act as a liaison between the Head O ces (Mexico City) and the Sao Paulo o ce.
- Be Bitso’s spokesperson in Brazil and align yourself with our overall strategy.
- Participate and represent Bitso in industry events and other marketing initiatives.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need
- Entrepreneurial mindset, this is key!
- Proven experience scaling start-ups in the Brazilian market with significant knowledge of “do’s” and “don’t’s” and clarity on short, mid-term, and long-term actions.
- Be a self-starter, drive projects with minimal guidance and focus on high-impact work.
- Strong communication skills to effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others in English and/or Spanish.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to drive Brazil’s business while coordinating efficiently with Bitso’s relevant teams.
- Experience building and managing a sharp, high-performing team.
Live in Sao Paulo.
- Must be 100% fluent in Portuguese and English, fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- While having a cryptocurrency or blockchain professional background is not a prerequisite, this role does involve having the passion to quickly adapt to our industry, become its best ambassador, and bring cryptocurrencies to hundreds of millions of individuals.
Compensation and Benefits:
Purpose: you'll work to create, iterate and scale crypto-powered financial services for users across Latin America.
Culture: you'll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes debate, jokes, discussions, chess, video games, and occasional Catan matches.
People: you'll work with some of the most driven and smart people in the crypto space in Latin America.
Venue: forget room with a view, get an office with a view of Mexico City
Salary: we pay at the top of the market.
Work Status: regardless of your citizenship, we will sponsor you to legally work in Mexico.
Health Insurance: we offer one of the best medical plans.
Performance Bonus: your hard work will be rewarded with a juicy incentive-based bonus.
Unlimited Free Days: we want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office.